...in the heart of East Belfast
What's New - May 2016
- Many thanks to all who made the recent afternoon outreach service such a success, especially our speaker, Andrew Cardy and the main meeting organiser, Jean Smyth. "Life changing days" was the subject of the 19th April meeting and a great afternoon tea was provided afterwards.
- To read a welcome message from Pastor Jonny Ormerod, just go here.
- To view all our photos, including from our recent Induction Service, just go here.
- The church at Grove was 100 years old on 1st November 2015. We had a special Anniversary Weekend from Friday 30th October to Sunday 1st November. Thanks again to our speaker during the weekend, Dr Robert Murdock and for the Sydenham Salvation Army band and Songsters for our Saturday praise night. It was great to catch up with old friends and to meet new ones. Many thanks for your presence with us over the weekend.
- Our Twitter (@GroveBaptist) is updated a couple of times most days. Even if you don't have Twitter on your mobile phone, you can read all our tweets on the Internet here.
- Have a look at all the upcoming meetings and events on our on-line Calendar here.
- Many congratulations to Johnny Smyth in being elected as an Elder in 'the Grove'. Johnny, together with his wife Hazel, runs our "Cafe Grove" outreach in the portacabin in Clara Street beside the church.
- A short version of our "Get into Grove" video from 1999 was added to YouTube. To have a look, just go here.
- To listen in to our church services anywhere around the world, just go here.
- New photos are also posted each week on our Twitter feed here
- Have a smart mobile phone? Why not keep an eye on 'the Grove' Twitter feed… "@GroveBaptist". It is updated a few times each week with verses, photos, links to articles etc. Or to see it on your Computer, just go here.
- The 'Real Lives' mission between the four local Baptist churches took place from 21st - 26th April 2013. This was held in Castlereagh Baptist Church sports hall and was a great success. Many thanks to all those who made the event happen. To listen to all the Real Lives talks, just go here to download them.
You can also still go
here to view our Mission Presentation
- It is great to see new faces attending our Sunday Services and also Cafe Grove. Our Sunday Services are at 11:30am and 6:30pm and Cafe Grove is open each Tuesday from 10am to 1pm. You can also listen to our Church Services on-line by going to our Audio Ministry page and and selecting the service you want to hear.
- Café Grove is an outreach to the local community and is open on Tuesday from 10am to 1pm (closed during school holidays). The cafe is located in our portacabin beside the church on Clara Street under the leadership of Johnny and Hazel.
- All our church organisations are listed on our What's On page.
If you need to know any more information on any of the organisations, please send us an email here.